Skip to content
NOTICE: When an entrant fills in the Entry Form to submit an entry the entrant will see a feature to affirm he or she has read these Conditions of Entry when he or she fills out the entry form. If the entrant does not so affirm the entry will not be submitted.
- The Society of Photographers Malaysia cordially invites photographers from all over the world to participate in “2nd SPM INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PHOTOGRAPHY 2019”; orga SPM INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PHOTOGRAPHY 2019 nized by the “The Society of Photographers Malaysia.” The salon will be conducted according to the recommended practices of the Photographic Society of America.
- The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
- An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
- Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors.
- The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted.
- No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
- Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
- May not be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
- May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language.
- Images meeting the Monochrome Definition and non-manipulated color images from the same capture shall be considered the same image and must be given the same title.
- Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
- An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path.
- The salon is divided into four sections as follows:
- PROJECTED IMAGE COLOR OPEN
- PHOTO TRAVEL
- PROJECTED IMAGE MONOCHROME OPEN
- All digital images entry can only be submitted via online in 8-BIT JPEG format with the following condition:
not larger than 3840 pixel x 2160 pixel
not smaller than 1920 pixel x 1080 pixel
Each Image size should not be larger than 8MB. Failing which may result in system rejecting the file.
- All images will not be resized for the judging.
- All images will be projected from a high definition 4K screen with 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels resolution. Image which is smaller than this dimension is viewed with a dark border and usually in a more disadvantaged situation.
- Entrant could check the status of the entry via spmsalon.foto.org.my
- There will be no restrictions as to the subject matter; however, nude photographs are strictly prohibited.
- All winning and acceptance images will be published on the organizer’s website, spmsalon.foto.org.my for a full calendar year from the exhibition date. Entrant will receive their individual scores via e-mail.
- Upon completion of judging, a copy of catalog in PDF will be mailed to all entrants and an online catalog in PDF can be downloaded by all participants via spmsalon.foto.org.my.
- All entries shall conform to the stricter of these definitions for acceptances to be validated by all the International Organizations granting recognition or patronage.
- All parts of the image must have been photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
- With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
- If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
- In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
- the images are the original work of the entrant and
- the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
- These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
- PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
- By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
- 马来西亚摄影家协会盛情邀请世界各地摄影师参与由马来西亚摄影家协会所主办的“第二届马来西亚摄影家协会国际沙龙摄影展 2019”。本沙龙遵循由美国摄影学会(PSA),国际摄影联(FIAP),ICS 所定的条例办理。
- 档案以 JPEG 为准
- 档案体积不超过 8MB
- 档案将会透过 4K 电视评审
- 档案尺寸为 3840 点阵 x 2160 点阵,不小于 1920 点阵 x 1080 点阵
- 全部优胜者以及入围者的作品均会在本会网站 spmsalon.foto.org.my 上发表,为期一个周年。参赛者之成绩将会经电邮被通知。如参赛者无电邮,那将经邮件寄出。